Big thank you to Jonathan Bodici of Jonathan’s Studio for nominating me for this award!
Starting this blog has been such a great journey and has sparked some big plans for the near future!
There is so much power in community, so I am grateful for the opportunity to nominate and support other bloggers.
Here are the questions Jonathan sent to me along with my answers:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I have been so fortunate to have had fulfilling experiences and met people who have been so inspiring. I began to feel a responsibility to share these experiences, and my journey as an effort to pay the inspiration forward to help motivate people to live a passionate life.
2. What is your plan or goal that you wanna reach through blogging?
I want to share my experiences, my journey to help inspire others. Our world today is cluttered, mapped out and filled with societal pressure. Inspiration is all around us, and I want to encourage others to turn it into action.
3. Where do you get inspiration for your writing?
Life experiences, people I have met and lessons I have personally learned.
4. What advice would you give to someone who wants to start a blog?
Embrace the journey. Keep going and don’t be discouraged. You are not going to reach 1 million followers over night, and that’s okay. Also, there is great value in blogger communities.
5. What other hobbies do you have?
I love creating, and volunteering. Travel is also a big part of my life and a major source of my inspiration.
6. What is the best book that you can recommend?
I love The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. It teaches how small changes can make a big difference. I also am a big advocate for Attached by Amir Levine and Rachel Heller. It empowers you to own your need, and will change the way you approach relationships.
7. If you could relocate with your family, where would it be?
I have been relocating all over the world since I was 20 years old. Copenhagen is the next goal. A city full of culture with a system that promotes community.
8. What is the no.1 thing on your bucket list, and why?
I don’t really have a number 1 or a list, really. I strive for a life that keeps me discovering and learning.
9. How do you like to spend your free time?
I have started doing Yoga, which has been a nice way to keep focused and remove toxic distractions. I also love walking. Whether it is hiking or wandering aimlessly around a city, I love moving and absorbing my surroundings.
10. What is the one quote that you think it suits you best?
I know it has been quoted a million times, but I have always connected to Gandhi’s “We must become the change we want to see in the world.” I find it empowering, in that it gives you permission and drive to make a difference.
Paying it forward, I nominate:
My questions for you are:
- Where do you find your inspiration?
- What sparked you in starting your blog?
- What is your favourite part of the day?
- What experience stands out for you?
- What is the best advice you have ever received?
- What do you feel is the most challenging about blogging?
- What is the most rewarding thing about blogging?
- What do you associate your favourite colour with?
- How do you end your day?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
What are the rules?
- Post your award to your blog
- Answer the questions you were given by the person who nominated you
- Nominate a small group of other new bloggers you’ve discovered
- Create 10 new questions for the nominees
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog